Monday, December 7, 2009

Music Monday!!


Alternative Name


Today's theme: Pick a song from your first concert.

This one is SO tough for me because I've seen a bazillion concerts in my lifetime, and my memory is atrocious. When I was a pre-teen and teenager, I went with my youth group to every Christian concert we could get tickets to. The first "real" concert that I can remember going to was Steven Curtis Chapman. In fact, he was probably on his tour following his first or second album. He had a mullet type thing going on, and he looked like he was about 12. But I remember thinking, this guy will be around for a LONG time.  Since then I've seen him in concert 2 other times, once as a Valentines gift from my husband (which was probably the best V-day gift EVER, it was very small, very intimate, and we had Q&A time with Steven and his wife Mary Beth, complete with chocolate covered strawberries), the other at the Women of Faith conference in Greensboro just over a month ago. And he's even better now than he was way back when.

Here is a video from one of the songs off his latest album. He and his family have endured so much over the last year and a half. I can't write details because it's not my story to tell.... you can hear his own story here.





2 comments:

  1. He is an amazing singer, artist, father and man. We first heard of him back when we started the adoption process for our daughter from China. They have endurded a lot. Thanks for sharing the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love SCC! He was probably one of the first artists I listened to when I "got into" Contemporary Christian music.

    ReplyDelete

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share