Auggh--- it's been such a day! But I promised to post today (and I didn't say what TIME I'd be posting) so here goes.
These are great to serve at holiday/Christmas parties, or to give in a cute little gift basket with a mug and special coffee or cocoa mix. MMMM!!
Gingerbread Biscotti (from All Recipes )
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, and molasses. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; mix into egg mixture to form a stiff dough.
3. Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie. Place rolls on cookie sheet, and pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
5. When cool enough to touch, cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy.
You can dip them in melted white chocolate or almond bark, or drizzle over the top for extra sweetness. Delicious!