Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 4- Recycled Ornament

I'm getting ready to go shopping for a wedding outfit, then off to do something I'll post about tomorrow :)

As for today... I made a snowflake ornament out of toilet paper tubes!! The idea wasn't mine, I'm giving credit where it's due, and that's to Family Fun magazine. They have so many great ideas in the current issue, I'll probably be posting more than just this one!!

On to the craft...

First, you'll need at least 2 toilet paper tubes, or maybe just one paper towel tube. We painted ours, simply because I like color.


Flatten the tube(s). Take a ruler and measure the tube into 3/4 inch sections.


You'll need 10 of the 3/4 inch segments to do your snowflake the same size as mine. After you've cut the pieces, measure 3/4 inch from each end of the tube and, using a hole punch, make a hole on either end, all the way through. When you've punched all 10 pieces, lay the flattend pieces out in a snowflake pattern, sort of lining up the holes. Starting with the inside of the snowflake,take one pipecleaner (I used silver), and thread it through the punched holes. Twist together and trim the excess. Next, twist 2 pipecleaners together, and run through the outer holes. Twist together and trim the excess.

Now, even out the pieces of cardboard to make them look equal enough, and string up your cute snowflake ornament using ribbon or string!! Hang it on your tree, or somewhere that needs just a little "handmade" touch!






1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful idea!! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share