Monday, February 23, 2009

Homeschool decisions

So I'm still trying to narrow down what we're gonna do for next year. Today we went to a Classical Conversations group, which was VERY interesting, and I'm going to another CC meeting on Thursday night. It was so cool to see little seven and eight year old kids reciting latin, I'm pretty sure that's not offered in most public schools :). Thank God I have the option of teaching my kids the way I think they should be taught!

It's definitely still a maddening thing, I've gotten stacks and stacks of catalogs in the mail- Bob Jones, Heart of Dakota, Alpha Omega, Sonlight, Covenant, etc, etc, etc, not to mention a discount flier if I sign up for ABeka DVD program.

Today I did make one decision though: I am going to start using a booklist I found on Amblesideonline.org to get things headed in a different direction- less busywork on paper and more thought work. So on the way home, we stopped by the library and picked up Pilgrim's Progress, Mr. Popper's Penguins and Wind in the Willows. Lady M dived right into Pilgrim's Progress, reading it aloud to me and we looked up the definitions for the names of the people Christian meets on his path. I've never read it, but we're 2 chapters in and I would recommend it to anyone.

I was thinking yesterday that I could hopefully get a little break this week, slow down and relax, but I realize I already have tooooooooo much going on.... I think my occupation of stay-at-home mom should be changed to on-the-go mom, but then it wouldn't imply that I don't work for an employer. Oh well....

Here's hoping that I can sneak in a little sanity break in the next few days... how I'd love to steal away with a good book and a great big mocha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share