Friday, October 31, 2008

moving on

So yesterday I had the "procedure" and everything went very smoothly. Thanks to those of you who were praying and sending your support via email or comments. Sometimes you don't realize how much people really do care because you get so wrapped up in the "busyness" of life, and you tend to lose touch with your friends and family. But those who really care are always there when you need them, and it's so awesome how God works through those people to show His Love.

Today is Halloween!! Lady M has been on a "school break" for 3 days now (we got ahead of the public school schedule, so I thought it'd be a good time to take a break). I'm hoping to start the festivities early today, instead of waiting around til tonight, but I've got to finish working on her costume. She wore it to the AWANA party at church on Wednesday, and apparently everyone (including the adults) decided to pull at all her "poodle puffs". She was already in a mood because of stressing over me and everything Thursday would hold for her, so she was in tears by the time we left because she thought her costume was destroyed. I assured her I would make sure no one could pull at the puffs and mess anything up by today. After all, the instructions for the costume said to use tons of rubber bands to hold the puffs in place, but I guess that's only if the costume isn't to be touched by curious hands, big or small. So I've poked my fingers about a billion times trying to secure the things with needle and thread. I'm SO not a sewer!! Next year we may just break down and buy a costume... I honestly don't think I've ever bought one! She's always just wanted to be something that I couldn't find a costume I liked well enough to buy. Last year she was Tinkerbell, but she got the costume as part of a birthday gift as "dress up" clothes. In kindergarten she was a black cat (just like I was in k-garten), so we bought ears and a tail, then just put her in a black leotard. SIMPLE!! It was adorable (at least I thought). And the three years before that, she was a princess, which she wanted to use her "dress up" clothes for anyway... So no, I've never actually bought her or Miss Priss a costume for Halloween. I guess that's a real budget saver.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween and if you take your kids out trick-or-treating, PLEASE be careful. I will never forget about the time as a kid when a neighbor of ours backed over her grandchild with her vehicle. If you're out driving, please GO SLOW and watch for the lil ones.... but most of all HAVE FUN! :)
Here's a few of Lady M's costumes over the years, and Miss Priss's first Halloween at the bottom... I'll post their costumes from this year soon...

























No comments:

Post a Comment

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share