Friday, November 13, 2009

Five Question Friday



HOOO-Ray! I finally switched over from phone people to cable people today!! And now I get to do a 5QF, join in with Mama M @ Five Crooked Halos . Now onto my answers for the day....


1. What is your favorite "eat" on Thanksgiving?

Hmmm... well I love food, even though I am a bit picky. I think my favorite is the mashed potatoes my mom always makes. She doesn't make them often since they're loaded with butter (not so good for the high cholesterol that runs in my family) but they are DIVINE! The turkey is always good... and the gravy.... and the stuffing.... and the DESSERTS!! I'm not that big a fan of pumpkin or pecan pie, so we usually have a butterscotch pie too... which is delicious!!

2. What is the name your best girl friend and the best trait about her or how you met (or heck, both!!)

Okay, maybe I'm an oddball, but I really haven't had a best girl friend since high school. There are times when I SO wish I had someone I could confide in and know that my secret was totally safe and that our friendship would endure no matter what, but I guess all the barbs left from past friendships have built a few walls that I still haven't managed to allow God to tear down. All of my school friends went away here, there and yonder, but we lost touch and I've never had a friend that has just lasted. I know it's my own fault though, I am a bad friend, I don't take a lot of time to invest in friendships.... something I so need to work on.

3. What would you say is one of your "weirdest" quirks?

HA!! Well, a person could probably watch me for five minutes and see that everything I am is quirky. I have so many pet peeves, I have to have things just so.

I guess one of the most prevelant is that I do not like my food to touch. I know, a lot of people have that one. My dad used to always say, "what does it matter? it's all going to the same place". My response was and will always be, " I don't have to taste it in my stomach".

4. What is your favorite genre of music? (Hip hop? Classical? Rock? etc.)

(These are tough questions today!!)
Umm... I do not have a favorite genre. I listen to Christian music more than anything else because I know that junk in means junk out, so I try to keep it clean for mine and the kids sake. I do have some folk, country, pop, and rock favorites, and I love old music (think swooners, Billie Holliday, Etta James). Jazz is good on occasion, I guess the only thing I can't stand anymore is screamo or heavy metal.

5. Are you a Night Owl...or an Early Bird?

NIGHT OWL! Without a doubt. It takes me forever to get going in the morning, but about 4 pm in the afternoon, I get a sudden burst of energy, and typical feel great in the evening. I have noticed that since I've been a mom and since I'm getting "older", it's quickly turning into bedtime earlier, but I still am NOT a morning person.


3 comments:

  1. I am such a night owl! I hate going to bed and am not fond of getting up..... I finally get going in the afternoon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the blog hop. My answer to question 2 is exactly same, but you said it oh so more eloquently than I did. I know for me it's time to start tearing down the walls and begin the healing process

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterscotch pie!!! My grandmother always made that for me at holidays...since I like you...didn't care for the "traditional" pies. Man, I'm going to have to sort through her old recipe box at my mom's house and look for that. Time for it to make a comeback. :)

    ReplyDelete

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share