Saturday, October 17, 2009

Souper Saturday

I've decided to try a new weekly topic, for Saturdays. Since cold weather is coming, what better idea could I come up with except for Souper Saturday? Each week I'm going to post either a new recipe that I love, or one that I'm going to be trying as well....

This week, I'm doing one that I've recently tried, and LOVE!! It was first published in Woman's World magazine, not sure which issue, but it's delicious and VERY filling....give it a try, let me know what you think!!


Extreme Diet Soup (I just call it extreme soup, forget the diet part)

2 tbsp EVOO
2 lrg white onions, very thinly sliced
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 lrg carrot, shredded
2 lrg garlic cloves, minced
1 large jalapeno pepper (I actually like it better with 2), chopped (include seeds)
2 tsp of fresh thyme or oregano (or 1 tsp of dried)
8 cups of fat free natural chicken broth
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
6 packed cups of baby spinach leaves
1 lrg tomato, finely diced
salt & pepper to taste


Heat EVOO over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onions, stir occasionally, cook for 10 minutes. Add chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the onions are browning. Add carrot, garlic, jalapeno, thyme/oregano. Cook another 2 minutes. Stir in broth and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil. Add beans, spinach & tomato. Return to a boil, then turn off heat. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Can also add parmesan cheese and lemon juice if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I say leave out "diet" too...it just changes everything! Sounds yummy esp. with the jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share