Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's been somewhere around a month since I posted anything here... trying not to stay on the computer so much...

Let's see...

We've been out of school for a little more than a month now (PRAISE GOD!) Towards the end of our lessons I was thinking about possibly putting Lady M back in public school (like I think every year), but I went ahead and purchased curriculum for next year. We're gonna use Heart of Dakota's "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", and it looks VERY cool from what I've seen. I'm refusing to even begin planning lessons, etc until after VBS in August. I definitely need a summer break too!!

Boss has been working like CRAZY at his job, 80+ hours a week for the last three or four weeks, so he's VERY tired! He met with some of the "bosses" on Monday and told them he's gonna have to start getting at least one day a week off. He took Tuesday off this week (we went to the zoo), and it was his first day off in somewhere like 20 days! It's nuts! We've planned our vacation for the last weekend in July so he'll definitely be getting a much needed rest then, if only he'll turn off his cell!! His birthday is that week too, and I've planned a little weekend getaway for just the two of us, should be FUN!

This was week number 2 of trying to get myself back in shape. Last week I walked 2 days (I know, not that great), but this week, my sisters in law joined me and we walked EVERY DAY (monday thru friday). I can already tell that my energy level is much higher. Now if only I could kick my sweet tooth... baby steps!!

We've also started trying to potty train Miss Priss this week. WHAT AN ADVENTURE! Lady M was potty trained at 17 months, because she wanted to use the "big girl potty". She basically did it herself. NOT IVY! She's definitely not like her sister, she really enjoys being the BABY. We've really talked up this week, and made promises to put her in a "big girl bed" when she can start going to the potty. She's got this strange idea that she can't pee unless she's wearing something on her butt, i.e., diaper, pullup, panties, whatever. If she's bottom covered, she can pee. But once she's naked, she HOLDS it. I started the week with the go-to-the-potty-every-15-minutes technique, but that is NOT gonna work for Miss Priss. Up until this week, she screamed any time you tried to get her to sit on the potty. She's conquered that this week, since we moved her potty to a corner in the kitchen (it's not really that gross since she's not peed in it yet :) ). She doesn't like being in the bathroom and missing out on the action in the kitchen and living room. Anyway, this should be one crazy ride!! At this very moment, she's running around naked, two sippy cups full of fluid in her bladder, and I'm just waiting for the geyser to blow.

Last night, my sister and I went to see "My Sister's Keeper". It's a tear jerker! Very good movie, but VERY sad. I'm not giving anything away in that, it's obvious from the previews that it's an emotional movie. Anyway, I didn't get home til close to 2 am (for all you singles and young'uns, that's LATE) because we sat at her place and talked and talked and talked some more. It's so good to have the best family in the WORLD!!

Anyway, that's the general idea of what I've been up to. Staying away from this computer desk has been a goal that I've done fairly well to acheive this week. Hopefully I can keep making the changes that need to be made in my life. Maybe I'll try to write again next weekend :) We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share