Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Since yesterday's blog hop mentioned Christmas cookies, I decided there was no time like the present to get to baking!! I had a package of Pillsbury cookies in the fridge, so I baked those yesterday afternoon, but didn't quite get my fill of baking yet. SO, I went through my recipe collection and found this recipe.  I had an unopened bag of chips that were past their "guaranteed fresh by" date left over from a party, so I tried this one out. They are super good!!

Potato Chip Cookies 
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups of crushed potato chips (I used Ruffles)
1 cup of chocolate chips (I added 2 cups instead because we love chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350 deg. Beat butter and sugar together with a mixer on medium high until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium, add eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour, salt and baking soda. Gently stir in potato chips and chocolate chips. Drop cookies by tablespoon about 2" apart onto an ungreased* cookie sheet. Bake 14-16 minutes.

*The recipe says to place on an ungreased cookie sheet, but my cookies stuck like glue. Next time I will be lightly greasing the cookie sheet!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

~~Thanks for leaving me some LOVE!!~~
If you know me IRL (in real life), please refrain from using our real names in the comments. Thank ya kindly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share